FROM THE NEW INNKEEPER’S PERSPECTIVE…..
As I sit here looking at the still water of the Chesapeake Bay through the window of a beautiful, bright and happy “Bay Room” (which also serves as the daily breakfast space), I am reminded of how lucky I am to be one of the newest members of the Wades Point Inn staff, for a few simple reasons:
- The owners, Ms. Betsy & her daughter Beth, along with Lucy of course (the head woman/beagle in charge), truly treat myself and the rest of the staff like family…and this means everything!
- I get the opportunity to meet so many wonderful, new people/guests every day, and from all over the world!
- I look forward to the overall sense of calm that comes when I have the chance to wake up early to a beautiful sunrise. Or ending my day with a nice glass of wine and watching the sunset while swinging in one of the outside hammocks.
- There is always something to do here! Take out a paddleboard or kayak; ride a bike; read a good book on one of the many porches; walk the mile-long property trail and see various wildlife; while at the same time, noticing the newest flowers in bloom (which by the way, have all been strategically placed and planted by Ms. Betsy & Beth — they are both “ jacks of all trades” and at no time do we ever seem to go without some of their beautiful creations in bloom and spread across the property…inside and out)!
- And last but definitely not least, breakfast is seriously no joke here! I’ve stayed in many B&B’s but nothing has come close to topping the AMAZING breakfast at this hidden gem!
As we approach the peak of our 2018 season, we are excited about sharing all the new and fun adventures that will be coming our way! And from all of us here at Wades Point Inn on the Bay, we look forward to greeting you soon!